Saturday, October 6, 2007

Wayne State and Behind the Global Tra





Just in case you were getting bored with the Global Trading Center, I tossed in another shot from Wayne State University. It's the Auditorium, an aesthetically appealing building (to me anyway).

The next three shots are from behind the Global Trading Center, across from Tri-Centennial Park. What I wanted to show was how close the Renaissance Center (upscale, gentrified) is to the Global Trading Center where homeless live. What you see is an overgrown alley so full of weeds and junk no one could drive through, and the Ren Center in the background. The first of that series is taken with a wide angle lens with makes the background look farther away but gives you a better view of the alley. The second shows better how close the Ren Center really is. The third is part of the graffiti painted on a metal door--"power to the people." (or not)
Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

Fénix - Bostonscapes said...

Interesting post-editing. Mary, when you visit the forum, you have to sign in to be able to see all the posts and to use their private messaging to contact the developers as per:

"Still Stuck?
[...] If you're inexperienced in HTML and cannot figure out how to install the script, send a Private Message to either Demosthenes or Igor with your login/password, blog URL and we will install it for you (if you feel comfortable sharing that information)."

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Yeah I hate white skies. AK!

I was going to try that now if I have time. Biker Buddy works Saturdays and just came home and showered and we're going out to eat with Jewelry Girl and hubby so I may have to postpone my attempt.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

but I do appreciate all your help and I will make another attempt. ASAP.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

YAY! I FINALLY got the the cityblog button and search window posted. THANKS YOU SO MUCH for your help and patience! Phew!

Fénix - Bostonscapes said...

Atta girl!!!!!!! :)

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

YAY! Thanks! :-D

Dick said...

Beautiful photos especially the second from the top, it represents the old and the new architecture.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Yes, thank you Dick, that is part of what I was trying to portray.! :-D

Neva said...

This must be a new building at Wayne State...hubby graduated from there in '69....and the alley is how I remember good ole Detroit. I like the old and new.

Lynette said...

The alley photos are most impressive. There's something so futuristic about them, even the overgrown alley looks surrealistic to me. I especially like the wide shot that shows the brick wall.

NorthBayPhoto said...

The colours in the second photo (with downtown in the background and the foreground showing urban decay) are just surreal. Amazing photo!!

Thanks for visiting my NorthBayPhoto blog.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Thanks so much North Bay! :-D

(I replaced the sky which was white)