Saturday, January 5, 2008

January Thaw

We're having a bit of a a thaw today. And it's supposed to get warmer
still. We rode our motorcycles down to Pier Park--Biker Buddy climbed
to the top of one of the huge snow piles left by the plow plowing the
parking lot. The snow is all dirty and full of crud, but it is snow.

The ice has melted in this portion of Lake St. Clair, but from the
boats in, it is still frozen--the boats ar on ice and snow 50 feet out
from land.

The beach is all frozen too.

I am still blogging, as you cna see, but I am trying to get organized to start soem big projects and once I do, I may not be able to blog every day.

8 comments:

Janet said...

Wow! this is thaw?
It seems you all went from gorgeous autumn leaves straight to ice and snow.
That is really winter!

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

It's MUCH warmer than it was! Yesterday it was 19 degrees out and today it was 37 degrees! Above freezing.

Kunal Bhatia said...

hey, all three photos are beautiful. especially the middle one.
Mindless Mumbai

Clueless in Boston said...

Same thing here in Boston. Nice pictures.

Marie said...

Your photos are très belles, Mary. It's funny because without the red of the bike, the first one would have seemed to be in black and white.

BerryBird said...

I, too, woulod prefer my January thaw slightly warmer, but we'll take what we can get. That last picture is really neat.

Anonymous said...

I'm very much enjoying your posts while they last!

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Thank you all so much. SO sorry I am behind on my commenting. Sigh. soon I may be even farther behind.

It's taking longer than I thought to prepare my projects.

The last picture was humped up sand on the beach with ice, I liked tha pattern.