Thursday, September 10, 2009

Glass Blowing at the Renaissance Festival








Glass-blowing at the Renaissance Festival, by Mary Stebbins Taitt (and Keith Taitt). There are two stories here--one is the process, one is the man. Of course, there is also the story of the Renaissance Festival that allows all this to take place. BB (Keith) took the 4th picture down, I took the rest. I do not know this man's name--if anyone does, let me know and I will post it. He was both working and teaching, a noble profession indeed. It was right at closing time and he continued until he had finished. A wonderful presentation, I highly recommend it.

9 comments:

goda said...

Super pretty.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Thanks, Goda! :-D

goda said...

He likes to cuddle, and take walks, and chase birds, and loves toys. He is really well behaved for the most part. Right now he is plopping his little butt in my lap.

Lowell said...

Glass-blowing is a very special art and I am in awe of those who can create these beautiful objects.

Nice series, Mary. Thanks!

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Goda, I'd love to give him a hug! (Does he like strangers?)

Thanks, Jacob! :-D

I liked doing these. (Of course, I took lots more!)

Rose said...

I have watched glass blowing one time and it is fascinating...almost magical.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

It's an incredible amount of work to make a single mug--then (some) people just toss them in the trash--sad.

I wanted to buyt he one I saw them make, but it had to be annealed.

Dina said...

Wonderful pictures of a magical process.

B SQUARED said...

My favorite form of art. I think of it as alchemy.