Saturday, December 29, 2007

A Postcard from Green Lakes State Park, Fayetteville, NY

We walked with blogger jo(e) at Green Lakes State Park today and had a
wonderful time talking, catching up, playing, being silly, meeting
people and taking pictures. The first four are views of the lake,
which normally looks green due to dissolved calcium carbonate, but
today was grey like the day (but not like our spirits.) The last
picture, which looks like leaves on snow, was actually leaves
underwater on the calcium reefs. Click images to view larger.

Please forgive my lapses in commenting; I will catch up when I get home.

11 comments:

Kate said...

A delightful series of photos that have a serene, peaceful tone about them. I'm surprised at the lack of snow tho!

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Thanks! There was a warm spell and most (but not all) or the snow melted. More coming tonight.

Annie said...

What a beautiful place you live! Your photos are great.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Thanks, so much Annie. I don't live here--that's why I called it a POSTCARD! I used to live near here, but now I am visiting family and friends--I live in Detroit, over 400 miles away.

Jilly said...

What a beautiful set of photographs. That underwater photograph is marvellous - as are all.

Marie said...

More than one postcard. They are all very beautiful but I especially like the last one.

Happy New Year again, Mary!

pusa said...

very nice postcards

HaPpY nEw YeAr!!! Wishing you life's best this 2008!

pusa
i heart manila

Anonymous said...

I love the one looking down the tree trunks!

BerryBird said...

These pictures look so different from most I have taken there. Lovely!

Neva said...

What a beautiful scene! Happy New Year to you....

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Thank you, all, for your kind comments and visit and HAPPY NEW YEAR to you! :-D

I'm home but have a LONG way to go to get caught up.