Tuesday, January 22, 2008

More DIA

We went back again to the "New" Detroit Institute of Arts. We had a
great time, but still saw only a fraction of what was there.

1,2; Two views of the new DIA (neither is main entrance--it was too
cold to walk around to the front as we left our coats in the car.)
3. YES, the murals by Diego Rivera are still there! (YAY!)
4. Penelope.

I took a zillion more pix, of course, so I may show more of them.

Click images to view larger.

I apologize for being behind commenting--I am in the midst of an
urgent and important project attempting to adopt my son. It turns out
to be very complex and complciated (and annoying!)(and time
consuming). We have new snow so I have to shovel, too. Etc. (AK!)

5 comments:

Marie said...

Mary, you're lucky to be allowed to take photos in the museum! I cant do that in le musée Fabre in Montpellier. Zut! The photos and the art are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

The Diego Rivera mural is AMAZING!

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Thank you thank you Marie and Anonymous! I am really glad they let us take pictures. You used to have to get a camera permit, but now they just say don't use flash.

The Diego Rivera Mural is HUGE--my tiny little picture of it doesn't do it justice!!

Dick said...

Those murals are very nice, beautiful art. It looks really cold in the first photo. lol.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Thanks, Dick, it was excruciatingly cold! Terribly cold. We left our coats int he car rather than check them. BRRRRR!