Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The Village Food Market Today

I walk here almost every day--makes me feel very "continental"--and buy my food for the day and whatever staples I might need. All year, there is a constantly changing selection of fun things to see. They have excellent meats, wonderful! Good fish most days. And a fantastic variety of interesting foods, organic foods, health foods, whole grains, specialty items. All crammed into rows so narrow that there is often a gridlock effect as shoppers try to navigate through each other. Except at holidays, it is absolutely worth it. We prefer supporting local rather than chain stores whenever possible.

I was away for a number of days and am very far behind. I am sorry, I will try to catch up as soon as possible.

By the way, the car in the background that looks a lot like my car is NOT my car, as I walked!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It certainly looks FRESH! Love the purple bouncing the yellow below :)

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

huh?

Thanks! :-D

It's a great little market. Way better than KROGERS!

 gmirage said...

Lovely blossoms! An interesting place for a market too! Happy weekend!

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Thanks! :-D YAY!

Anonymous said...

Pictures are really good. They are colorful and lively..specially the flowers!i like so much! great work! Ü

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Thank you so much! :-D