Sunday, February 14, 2010

Dear Deer (Happy Valentine's Day!)



The first picture is a shot of deer at Metrobeach. It was taken last weekend before the snow, and it was taken at dusk, at such a deep dusk that it was almost night.

The second picture is our valentine's day card--We wish you love and happiness!




I made the silly pigment-marker sketch (second here) last night and then distally altered it on photoshop to make a valentine. It's all pigment markers except the skin--I have no skin-colored pigment markers.

I hope you have LOTS of LOVE in your life!!!

11 comments:

Lowell said...

Oh deer me! This is too cute; the real deer and you two dears!

Love the drawings, too.

Great job, Mary!

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Thanks Jacob, and Happy Valentine's day to you, Lois and yours! :-D

Rose said...

Happy Valentines day to you two, too.

VP said...

Happy Valentine from a not so sunny Tuscany...

goda said...

Still here, super busy and you are still super talented!

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Thanks so much Rose, VP and Goda!!!

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Goda, I cannot access yr blog any more.

Unknown said...

I hope you had a great Valentine's Day, Mary!

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Thanks, I did! :-D

Wolynski said...

Love the sketch - so silly and joyous. Deer in Detroit? Somehow I have a different picture of Detroit - Motown, unemployment and decay. Apparently, not so.
Happy Valentine!

Marie said...

Your card is wonderful. You are very lucky. I hope you had a super Valentine's Day!