Sunday, February 28, 2010

Ford Museum and New Art by Detroit Artist



The Spirit of St. Louis. I'm always impressed by the sheer SIZE of the Ford Museum and HOW MUCH it contains! Planes, cars, trains, buggies, pumps, machines, entire buildings!

My grandmother always used to say, when I was eager to grow up or eager for summer during school or eager for spring during winter, "Don't wish your life away," by which she meant, carpe dium or live each day.

It's grey and dismal outside. But I do have spring--or maybe even
summer--inside--My azalea bonsai, a mother's day gift from my kids, to
cheer me up and bring a touch of brightness to this dark day.








The Grand Canal in Venice, by Mary Stebbins Taitt. Original gifted to ES, as part of the gouache European Series.

And here's my collaboration with Steve Loya in Hennie's Mole. I am calling it: Diaphony, Dancers with Scarves.

(The Detroit artist is, in this case of course, me.)

Click images to view larger.

7 comments:

Mason Canyon said...

I love the photo of the azalea bonsai. It does look like spring. The paintings are beautiful.

Marie said...

The real Spirit of St Louis, wow!

I love your art, Mary.

Andree said...

I thought that The Spirit was in DC at the Smithsonian. But I can't remember anything much anymore. I'm glad you shared this with us. I love seeing the real thing.

(I made malt powder from the sprouted wheat. But sprouted wheat bread sounds good, I gotta look it up. And no beans in that chili!).

Lowell said...

Is that the "real" Spirit of St. Louis"?

Methinks I'm going to have to visit this museum!

And you already know how I feel about your artwork!

Wolynski said...

I suspect I'd like this museum - planes, trains and buggies are not normally displayed in "serious" institutions.

Your art is always so happy and bright and good - how do you find time for everything?

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

I'm sorry I am so far behind.

THANKS, everyone, for your kind comments.

Unfortunately, I do NOT have time for everything and am having trouble keeping up!!

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Andree--what's in chili if no beans?

It is supposed to be the real thing.

I love sprouted grain bread.