Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Ren Fair and Detroit Zoo


The Michigan Renaissance Festival is listed on line as being "near Detroit." It is actually near Holly, Mi, about an hour north and west of Detroit. We went there Monday. on Labor Day, and I took a gazillion pictures of the people. Here is one, the piper. The second picture is from the Detroit Zoo, for those purists among the citybloggers who insist on pure Detroit. Of course, then I break the rule about posting more than one picture a day (too many rules!) I LOVED the Renaissance Festival. I also love the Zoo! Click images to view larger.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Fénix - Bostonscapes said...

Gorgeous scarlet ibis and great looking piper.

A one-photo-a-day rule, you say? I had no idea. Been posting two and three photos a day for months now. Oh, well... ;)

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Thanks, Fenix! It's not my rule--I'm happy with multiple photos, I think it gives a better idea. But it is one of the rules posted at the cityblog homepage. If that matters. I can't seem follow rules in general or those rules specifically.

Thanks for your sweet comments! :-D

Marie said...

Oh c'est magnifique. I had never seen an ibis that color!

As regards the French rooster, it was chosen long ago as the symbol of France because it represented the peasants' France (now there not many farmers left, unfortunately). It also reminded people of the Catholic religion, which is our major traditional religion (I am a Catholic). Napolein decided to choose the eagle but people came back to the rooster later.

But it is not the "real story" of the French rooster that I was referring the other day. It is to a silly story. I hope you won't be shocked at it :-)):

We sometimes say that the rooster was chosen because it is the only animal able to sing with its feet in the s...

Voilà what I wanted you to know :-))

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Thank you so much Marie for your kind comments and for your two funny rooster stories which I greatly enjoyed!! THANK YOU! :-D