Saturday, October 27, 2007

The Upton House





The Upton House is in Sterling Township which is not within the Detroit City Limits but part of the urban sprawl and very close. If you click the images, you can see them larger and read about the History of the Upton House. It is beautiful and very well maintained. Across the street is a nice park with trails for walking, biking etc along a river. The house and grounds are extremely well-maintained and lovely.

I posted a picture for Steve at New Orleans Daily Photo even though it is not a dead tree. It's a sketch I made of a live tree.
I also posted a Halloween greeting for everyone.
AND a picture of an otter from the Detroit Zoo with a new meme I just got tagged for if anyone wants to play along.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

NorthBayPhoto said...

Great series of photos taken near Upton House. The tree sketch and the young lady with wings (hallowe'en) are very good.

Thanks for visiting my North Bay Photo blog.

Fénix - Bostonscapes said...

Very unique house. The sculptures add a homely touch, I think.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Thanks so much North Bay and Fenix! YAY! :-D

BerryBird said...

Is the inside of the house open for tours? The home is quite beautiful, I love the widow's peak.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

We were going to do some research, but I haven't had time yet. We were there late in the day for a walk and did not see a sign except one that had hours, so I Imagine they are open.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

I added a link to the website. I saw that big building on the website when we were there, but I didn't realize it was associated with the Upton House, although there were gardens between the two and I did wonder. It says they are open and have exhibits.

Lynette said...

An extremely interesting post, with all of the links and these photos here. That house is lovely. You can see at a glance the Italian influence, at least I was instantly struck with how much it reminded me of Italy. I think the sculptures are unique, making a visit there even more special.

Anonymous said...

Your photograph of the house makes it appear extra stately because of the angel it's shot!