Thursday, April 22, 2010

Happy Earth Day!!


I hope we all do what we can and what we must to save the earth. The tulips are from our small patch of earth.

We try to:

  • avoid putting toxins on our small portion of earth or using products that will toxify earth, air and water. We do not have Chemlawn spray our lawns.
  • avoid excess consumption that results in excess landfill, and excess industrial costs etc
  • buy local to help cut down on fossil fuels in shipping etc
  • buy organic to cut down on toxins added to the earth and eat organic to put fewer toxins in our bodies
  • avoid littering and whenever possible, pick up trash left behind by others
  • turn off lights and electrical things we aren't using
  • not use unnecessary appliances like televisions which pollute not only the earth and air, but also our minds. (BB and I do NOT own a TV--however, GB does have one in his own room.)
  • do whatever we can to help the earth in every way possible and practical

5 comments:

Mason Canyon said...

Beautiful photo. When we all do a little, it adds up to a lot.

Mason
Thoughts in Progress

B SQUARED said...

From the looks of things, you are doing a good job.

Eric said...

Happy Earth Day Mary and all your blog followers!

Wolynski said...

I don't have cable, but I love to watch Netflix movies on my TV - I'm a film buff.

Old computers really pollute landfills, as do cell phones. Can't do without my laptop, though.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Well, I didn't say I was perfect, but I'm doing a fair amount! TRYING! (A lot of people around here don't even seem to care! :-( Detroit is the land of MONSTER CARS and conspicuous consumption!)