Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Renaissance Center from the Riverwalk




Biker Buddy and I walked the Riverwalk Saturday when he got home from work, something we may not be able to do again til spring because of the time change. Now that it is getting dark earlier, there will be fewer daytime pictures, as it is often hard for us to get out early enough.

Of course, there are always the archives.

The reflection in the first picture is in a large puddle. The second picture is taken from one of the many small park-like areas with benches along the Riverwalk. The third is Biker Buddy in front of the Riverwalk entrance to the Ren Center. The fourth is the the flags in front of the Ren Center.

I'm an American and somewhat happy to be one. I am happy to have the freedoms I do. But I am disgusted by our environmental policies and our invasion of other countries. I did not vote for the man or his policies. I am not convinced his first election was free and fair. I think it was a scam. And after all his stupid mistakes the first time around, I can't believe half the country voted for him a second time (not me). I don't want to get political on this blog, but I just wanted to say that I believe in diversity. And I only added the last picture because it is visually appealing to me. And representative of what you will see at the Ren Center.

10 comments:

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

It's a shame that I feel that I cannot show our flag without apologizing for the current administration!

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

It's weird that I don't know a single person who will admit to having voted for the man who is the president of our country. (I REALLY did not vote for him.)

BerryBird said...

I enjoyed these photos, especially the first because I don't remember seeing that perspective before with the lamp-like tent. That is a big puddle, eh?

Anonymous said...

I love the first photograph too! It's framing is perfect!

Anonymous said...

Lovely shots. I love the top one with the beautiful reflections.

Be proud too of your country, afterall less than half the country voted for the current administration anyway!

Dick said...

Nice, especially the first one , I like reflections.

Anonymous said...

Nice site you got here !
Be sure to check out my blog about Orchid Care Tips

Marie said...

Ah ah Mary has embarked on the presidential campaign :-))

Your photos are excellent!

Neva said...

I love the reflections in the water...downtown is looking pretty darn good....I can't imagine anyone would admit to voting for the current president....they don't want to look stupid. Politics...a strange business.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Thanks everyone for your kind comment. Sorry, it was all those flags that got me ranting.

I appreciate your visits and comments.