Saturday, June 28, 2008

Day 1, Breakfast at the Embassy Suites in East Syracuse (postcard)

The first day of our trip to Syracuse, NY. Shots of the Embassy Suites, the hotel where we stayed and had breakfast. It was a pretty fancy hotel for us. But we did not make use of many of the amenities--we never swam in the pool, went to the manager's reception, used the exercise rooms, or the hot tub, etc etc. The cook-to-order breakfast was pretty good, though.

I am calling this a "postcard" because I am "sending" it from another location other than Detroit. I will call all my away posts postcards, and will be back posting them

I was unable to post while I was away because the Embassy Suites charged $10/day to use the internet, which I thought was absurd and unfair, considering the cost of the rooms and the fact that their on-line web page listed it as an amenity of the room, and most places offer it for free. I will never go there again. (Boycott them!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the effect you've done in the first image. It shows how the two of you have stopped for the moment whilst others hustle and bustle :)

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Thanks! :-D

It was a time exposure primarily because of the low light! (A lucky accident.)

Anonymous said...

Hhheee, it worked well!