Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Statuary



Where I used to live, statuary was rare, but here it is common and gives a different feel to the neighborhoods. This one is at a dentist's office.

And here is my latest small sketch in my little sketchbook--a quick sketch of gouache on marker-covered paper. I did it quickly at dinner tonight.

I am very sorry we've been so busy I haven't been online except briefly. I hope to catch up soon, but may have to give up blogging entirely. I don't seem to have time in my life to be online.

6 comments:

Mason Canyon said...

Unusual statue for a dentist office, but somehow calming. Guess that's the point. Your sketch is lovely. I'm amazed by what in do quick and at dinner no less. That would take me months and never look anything like that.

B SQUARED said...

Just post when you feel like it. I've been taking weekends off and may take more time off in Michigan this summer.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Thanks so much Pamela and B.

Apologies to everyone--I am headed off again, not time to catch up yet!

Rose said...

Now this is really, really lovely!

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Thanks, Rose--I liked it too!

Wolynski said...

Ooh, love the sketch!

You're going to give up blogging? Maybe you have too many blogs - why not just have one - a lot easier.

Blogging is self-publishing - how easy it is to get your stuff out there. Whether you have 3 or 140,000 hits a day - it's still out there.